The Town of Paradise Valley Municipal Court is seeking volunteer Judge Pro Tem to serve in the absence of regular Municipal Court Judges. For more than 50 years the Town has benefited from a high level of community involvement. This spirit of volunteerism has helped preserve the Town’s original mission to maintain a quiet residential community respectful of its natural desert surroundings, while at the same time guiding policy changes. Town volunteers include the Mayor, all Council Members, the Presiding Judge, Associate Judges, Judges Pro Tem, Hearing Officers, Boards and Commissions.
• Practicing attorney for a minimum of 5 years. This experience must be comprehensive enough to ensure the ability to perform the duties of the position as illustrated above.
• Graduate of an accredited law school.
• Member in good standing with the State Bar of Arizona for a minimum of 5 years.
• Criminal law experience required; misdemeanor experience preferred.
• Prior Judge Pro Tem experience is desirable.
The first review of applications will be June 6, 2019. In order to be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and complete the Town of Paradise Valley Job Application located at