Town Clerk


The Office of the Town Clerk carries out the following duties:

Agendas & Meeting Minutes 

The Clerk's Office prepares agendas for Town Council meetings and is responsible for posting notices and agendas for all public boards, committees, and commissions. Council agendas are posted on the bulletin board in the Town Hall parking lot and on the Town's website on the Friday before the Thursday meeting. In addition, complete Council Meeting agenda packets are posted online. To sign up to receive notifications by email or text when a new agenda has been posted, please set up an AlertPV login.

Boards, Commissions & Committees

Links to the various Town Boards, Commissions, and Committees may be found here. The Clerk's Office collects applications from citizens interested in volunteering their time and expertise during the summer. The Council makes appointments and re-appointments in September. The Clerk's Office also provides administrative and technical to support the public bodies.


The Town Clerk's Office is responsible for conducting municipal elections. Mayor and Council Elections are held in August and November of even-numbered years. Initiative, Referendum, and Recall elections are also administered by the Clerk. Under Arizona Law, these types of elections may only take place in March, May, August, or November. The Clerk's Office also posts candidate and committee campaign finance reports online.


  • The Clerk's Office issues business licenses to all businesses that are physically located in the Town. The Arizona Department of Revenue collects sales taxes on behalf of the Town.
  • The Clerk's Office works in conjunction with the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control to review premises liquor licenses and special event liquor licenses. The Town Council makes recommendations on the issuance of licenses but the state has final approval.
  • Solid Waste and Recyclable collection permits are also issued by the Clerk.

Public Meeting Notices

Public meeting access and participation in the decision making process is vital to a healthy democracy and trustworthy government.  Meeting notices for decision making bodies may be viewed here, advisory committee notices are posted on this page, and miscellaneous hearing and quorum notices are posted here.  You may sign up to receive email notices when meeting agendas are posted by signing up for AlertPV.   For more information on Arizona Open Meetings laws please see Chapter 7 of the Arizona Agency Handbook prepared by the Attorney General's Office.

Public Records and Public Records Requests

The Clerk's Office is responsible for maintaining all of the records for the Town of Paradise Valley. The Clerk certifies official documents, records actions taken by the Council, and publishes ordinances. Those wishing to view or obtain copies of records may submit a public records request (PDF) with the Town Clerk's Office. (Please save the form and email it directly to the Town Clerk's Office.)  Many frequently requested records may be accessed online by visiting the Transparency Portal.

Notice is hereby given, pursuant to A.R.S. § 39-171, that the following department or employee is authorized to provide requested public records or forward the request to the appropriate department or employee: Town Clerk Duncan Miller, 480-348-3610,

Service of Process / Notices of Claims Against the Town

Pursuant to the Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure, the Town Clerk is the authorized agent to receive notices of claims and service of process on behalf of the Town.  Claim forms are available online and must be submitted to the Clerk's Office.

Town Code & Zoning Ordinance

The Town Clerk's Office is responsible for codifying laws passed by the Town Council. The entire Code may be viewed and searched online.

Links to Other Services

Passports - The Town does not process passport applications but there are several agencies nearby.  Visit the U.S. Department of State's Passport Acceptance Facility Search page to find the passport nearest you.

Marriage Licenses- Marriage Licenses are processed by the Maricopa County Superior Court.