- EPCOR Water Main Project
EPCOR Water Main Project
EPCOR will be installing over 2 miles of 24” water transmission main pipe along Lincoln Drive in the Town of Paradise Valley.
EPCOR provides water service to nearly 5,000 service connections in Paradise Valley. Currently, water for the area comes from groundwater wells located on the eastern side of the service area. This investment in water infrastructure will ensure long-term system reliability and increase capacity in EPCOR’s Paradise Valley water district by nearly 3 million gallons per day by adding a second water source.
Construction is anticipated to begin in April of 2019, with completion expected by October of 2019. There will be ongoing traffic restrictions along the Lincoln Drive project limits, from 36th Street to Desert Fairways Drive.
Installing a water main is a time consuming process that must be done in phases. The proposed phases/ timeframes for the traditional open-trench installation are listed below:
- May 2019 – June 2019: 36th Street to 40th Street
- June 2019: 40th Street to 42nd Street
- June 2019 – July 2019: 42nd Street to Hillside Drive
- July 2019: Hillside Drive to 48th Street
- July 2019 – September 2019: 48th Street to 52nd Place
EPCOR will also have separate crews working to install pipe under major storm drains at the following locations:
- June 2019: Hillside Drive
- June 2019: Tatum Boulevard
- June 2019: Between 46th Street and 48th Street
- July 2019: Between Tatum Boulevard and 51st Place
- July 2019: Between 51st Place and 52nd Place
Town staff and EPCOR have been working together to review the design and schedule of the project to lessen the impacts on residents. While the project work may cause temporary inconveniences, EPCOR has committed to completing the project as quickly and safely as possible.
Questions? Please contact EPCOR Customer Care: 1-800-383-0834 and press 4 to speak to a team member.