The Town and Arizona Public Service has a program that assists residents in placing overhead electric lines underground. The agreement with Arizona Public Service states that APS will pay 45% of the total cost with the Town paying 55% less individual contributions.
In order to qualify for the underground improvements, each non-hillside district must have at least 50% of all lots commit to paying $1,500 each, and hillside designated lot owners must have a total of at least 75% commit to paying $4,500 each.
In addition, at least 75% of all property owners must agree to have their private overhead lines and poles removed and placed underground.
The Town and SRP also has a program that assists residents in placing overhead electric lines underground. In SRP districts the residents are responsible for 33% of the total undergrounding costs. The residents portion can vary by the size, amount of properties, and amount of overhead wire in the district. The town pays the remaining 67% of the undergrounding costs through the Capital Improvement Program.
In order to qualify for the underground improvements, residents must contribute 33% of the undergrounding cost for the district.
For additional information regarding either APS or SRP undergrounding districts please contact the Engineering Department at 480-348-3622.