Liquor Licenses

Special Event Liquor License

A Special Event Liquor License is a temporary license which allows a charitable, civic, fraternal, political, or religious organization to sell and serve spirituous liquor for consumption on the premises where the event is being held. The organization must obtain a license if any of the following are true:

  1. There is any type of charge for the liquor
  2. There is a door/cover charge or any other type of participation fee
  3. The general public is invited

Please visit the Arizona Department of Liquor for more information on Special Event Licenses and exemptions from the requirement to file an application at the local level.

Applicants must complete and submit the state application (PDF) and the Town's addendum (PDF) to the Town Clerk's Office at least four weeks prior to the event.

If you are holding your event at a resort or other location with an active liquor license, it is not necessary to obtain approval from the Town. Rather, complete just the state application and submit it directly to the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control.