Projects - Ironwood Golf Villas (Town Triangle)
The Town has received several applications to develop a 9.6-acre property located at the northwest corner of the Northern Avenue alignment and Scottsdale Road (Parcel No. 174-36-002X and part of 174-36-188A). The proposed development may be for up to eight single-family lots that are expected to vary in lot size between approximately 16,813 square feet to 38,665 square feet. The applicant increased the proposed lot sizes based on input during the Planning Commission work session meetings. These applications include the following:
The applicant has filed their pre-application for the final plat in May 2018. The final splat application is expected to be filed in July 2018, with discussion by the Town Council tentatively set for September 13, 2018 and action tentatively set for September 27, 2018. The various ordinances and approvals from 2017 do not become effective until the final plat is approved by Town Council and recorded.
In November 2017, the Town Council approved several applications to develop a 9.6-acre property located at the northwest corner of Northern Avenue alignment and Scottsdale Road (Parcel No. 174-36-002X and part of 174-36-188A). The proposed development is for eight single-family lots that will vary in lot size between approximately 16,648 square feet to 38,665 square feet. These applications include the following:
- A text amendment to Article IX, Cluster Plan District, of the Town's Zoning Ordinance, to allow for modifications to the cluster plan provisions for this proposed development such as lot size, height measurement, and setbacks. The gross density will comply with the minimum one home per acre.
- A rezoning to change the zoning district from "R-43 Single Family Residential District" (minimum 43,560 square-foot lots) and "Special Use Permit - Country Club and Golf Course" to the "R-43 Single Family Residential District Cluster Plan" (minimum 16,500 square-foot lots).
- A Preliminary Plat for eight lots.
- A Conditional Use Permit to make the road(s) within the proposed subdivision private.
- A Special Use Permit (SUP) for private roadway gates off Scottsdale Road onto the main access road of the proposed subdivision.
- A request for two entry subdivision wall signs.
If you have questions about these applications, please call the Community Development Department at 480-348-3574.
Documents & Reference Material
- Draft Ordinance and Stipulations (PDF)
- Villas at Cheney Estates Preliminary Plat (PDF)
- 8/15 Planning Commission Presentation (PDF)
- CLOMR FEMA Comments 7/19/17 (PDF)
- Presentation to Planning Commission 7/25/17 (PDF)
- ALTA Submittal 7/24/17 (PDF)
- Water impact service study (PDF)
- Traffic Study (PDF)
- CLOMR Report (PDF)
- CLOMR Report Plates (PDF)
- Final Indian Bend Wash Hydraulic Analysis (PDF)
- Application Material (PDF)