Mayor and Council Election August 2, 2022
Elections in Paradise Valley are held in the fall of even numbered years. In each election cycle, the mayor’s seat and three council seats are on the ballot.
To be eligible to run for office candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a qualified elector (registered to vote)
- Must have been a resident of the Town of Paradise Valley for at least one year prior to the time of election
- Must be able to speak, write, and read the English language
- Cannot be a person convicted of a felony (unless the person’s civil rights have been restored)
2022 Mayor and Council Election - What’s on my Ballot?
Mayor: 2-Year Term (1 seat)
Expiring term: Jerry Bien-Willner
Town Council Member: 4-Year Term (3 seats)
Expiring Terms: Ellen Andeen, Paul Dembow, Anna Thomasson
Interested in Running for Mayor or Council Member?
Please contact the Clerk’s Office for more information at 480-348-3610 or email to discuss your interest in running in the 2022 Election cycle. Note that all applicable forms and the Candidate Handbook are being updated and will be available in late Fall 2021.
Effective August 27, 2019, aspiring candidates must file a Statement of Interest with the Town Clerk's Office prior to collecting nomination petition signatures. (A.R.S. 16-311(H)). Pursuant to A.R.S. 16-905(B), once a candidate has received contributions or made expenditures, in any combination, of at least $500, a Statement of Organization must be filed with the Town Clerk's Office within ten days, if it has not already been filed.
Election Calendar - Key Dates
Candidate Packets Available
First Day to File as a Candidate
March 4, 2022
Deadline to File as a Candidate
April 4, 2022
First Day Signs may be Posted
May 23, 2022
Last Day to Register to Vote
July 4, 2022
Early Voting Begins
July 6, 2022
Primary Election Day
August 2, 2022
Election Resources & Information
- Election Results
- Political Committees and Campaign Finance Reports
- Frequently Asked Questions about Elections and Voting in Arizona
- Initiative, Referendum, and Recall Elections
- Political Sign Regulations (PDF)
- Political Sign-Free Zones (PDF)