You may have received more than one charge on your Arizona Traffic Ticket and Complaint Form. If you qualify for the defensive driving program option, it may be applied to only one eligible traffic charge.
However, you must appear in court or pay fines for any additional charges you may have received, on or within ten days before the appearance date on your complaint. If you receive an extension to complete a defensive driving class it only applies to the eligible charge. Information for court date extensions and fine amounts may be obtained from the Court by calling 480-404-7000.
- You will not have to go to court for one traffic charge.
- That charge will be dismissed.
- You will receive no points against your license for that charge Points may increase insurance rates, and may result in a license suspension.
- You will not have to pay a fine for that charge.
You are eligible if you meet all of the following requirements:
- You have not attended a Defensive Driving Class in the State of Arizona for dismissal of a traffic charge within the past 12 months (violation date to violation date).
- Your traffic charge did not result from an accident involving death or serious physical injury.
- Your traffic charge has not already been set to trial or hearing.
- You do not possess a Commercial Vehicle Class License
What to do:
Enroll online or call 888-334-5565.